Saturday, October 23, 2010

2 Weeks

So Kelbie is almost 2 weeks old. I can't believe how fast the time is flying. I  still remember every detail of the day  she  was  born. We have been  adjust pretty well here at home. James was off the whole week that she was born which was great because I was still in a lot of pain. Once he went back to work it  was just me and Kelbie and she has been doing pretty well. She  sleeps alot during  the day which makes our night a little harder but  we  will get her on a schedule here in the next couple of weeks. The dogs have adjusted very well too. They were my biggest  concern with bringing her home and they have done great.

Kelbie had her 1st Pediatrician appointment the Friday after we left the hospital and everything was looking good. She had lost a little bit more weight but nothing that they were concerned about. Her doctor also gave us a recommendation for a ENT at Texas Children's for her ear. After trying to get in  touch with them for a few days we finally got her an appointment for Thursday the 28th. I am hoping for all good things when we go to this  appointment. Whatever  they tell us I will handle because in my eyes she is perfect and there is nothing we can't work out.

James is back and work and I think he is glad that  he is out of the house for a few hours  a day. He loves being with her but sometimes he gets  frustrated and needs a break. That is why I am home  with her  and up most nights. I am loving  staying at  home, but very ready to get back to work. I love her to death but  I am not the type of person who can  stay  home all the time. I know it is going to be hard to leave her the 1st day back at  work, but a very good friend of mine will be watching her so I know she is well taken care of.

All of the people I knew that were having babies in October and November have had their beautiful healthy baby  girls. Some of them were earlier then most but that  is okay. Congrats to everyone!  Kelbie sure will have a few good friends right around her age to play with.

Here are  her friends and their birthdays:

Adelyn Ruth Fallon: 9/8/10
Kelbie Cheyenne: 10/11/10
Bryce Meadow:  10/14/10 (born on  her actual due date)
Nnala: 10/19/10

(Yes Kelbie was the biggest of all the babies)

My sister-in-laws friend Rachel also had her twins on 10/21/10 Hailey and Hannah!

Well off to take care of some house things while Kelbie and James are sleeping then out to  run errands a little later once everyone is up and moving.


Here are a few pictures from over the last 2 weeks!

First Morning in the Hospital
Love @ First Sight
Going Home
Cousins
First bath at Home


1 comment: