Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Day of PreSchool

James and I decided it was a good time to put Kelbie in school. I think I pushed this more on James but I really felt it was going to be very benifical to Kelbie. She has a late birthday which means she will be starting school later then most of the kids her age, she also has a very minimal vocabulary for her age and lastly I was ready to move on with the sitter we had and this was the next step.

After researching a few schools we decided on Southminster. Brayden goes there and I nannied for a family that sent their son there. They also offered extended care for her which was manditory since we both work and school is at an odd time. I liked the church atmosphere that she would be getting since we dont attend church and the small classes. So after basically giving them my kidney (not a bad thing, I would rather pay for a good education) we is now enrolled for the year going three days a week.

We got to meet her teacher the Monday before school started and she is so nice. She really cares about the little ones and I knew Kelbie was going to have a blast in her class. The class is split evenly with 3 boys and 3 girls. I couldn't wait to drop Kelbie off for her first day. I really didn't think there would be any tears since she is used to being away from me, but she did shead a few tears but her teacher wrote in her binder that she had a great day. Since she goes to morning and afternoon extended care she gets to meet more friends then just the ones in her class and after a few days we have no tears in the mornig when I drop her off. I am so proud of her.

Here are a few pictures we took on the first day. She really wasn't in a picture mood and maybe one day soon I will take the morning off so I can take her to school and get some more of her and her friends.

I got a smile even through the tears

She wouldn't hold her sign so this was the best I could do

Cousin Pic. Their rooms are right next to each other

She went straight for the cars. Total tomboy

Before I left she found the dolls.
So excited for her to learn and enjoy her first year in school. I think this school is going to be great for her until she is ready for elementry.

No comments: