Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Christmas 2012

I am a little behind on blogging these days. I just can't find the energy to do much plus I never turn our computer on now that I have my ipad. We had another low key Christmas. I kinda like it that way. Now if I could just make the shopping for Christmas low key I would be ten times happier.

We spent Christmas morning at our house this year and headed over to my parents house for Christmas night. I would say dinner but we opted for snack and sandwiches instead of dinner this year. With 3 kids it is easier to do presents first and let them snack during it all.

Kelbie is still young enough that she doesn't know on Christmas morning you go straight to the gifts, instead she came to my room and we watch some Disney Junior until about 7am then we finally decided to wake daddy up and let Kelbie open presents. I thought she would be excited about all the stuff she got from Santa this year, but the hit was her Mini Cooper. This was a gift I contemplated a lot. I wasn't sure she was old enough to get what she was supposed to do with it but when it was on sale for almost $100 less then what it normally was, I couldn't pass it up. Santa did good this year, she like pretty much everything.

Between us and Santa, Kelbie made out pretty well. She got the Mini Cooper, puzzles, games, a bath tub for her doll, finger paint, a Minnie pillow for her bed and a few other things. She spent the rest of the day trying to figure out her Mini (which we still have not mastered yet). James got 2 Texans shirts since he had already received his gift the month before for her birthday. James did surprise me with an ipad mini, which was the best gift. He did it all on his own and I had no idea. I usually do my own shopping for Christmas. Now he has standards to live up too. j/k!

Once we got over to my parents house Kelbie received many more gifts. She got a picnic set, a Minnie purse from Disney, a scooter and helmet, a movie, and some kitchen stuff. James and I both got vacuums. He got a shop vac and I got a new vacuum that I had been talking non-stop about since the end of November. I hated our old vacuum and with 4 animals, a toddler and a baby on the way I needed something that would pick up everything off the floor. Needless to say the new vacuum is amazing.

Overall we had a good Christmas. Now we are just waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer and the sun to come out so Kelbie can you all her new outside toys. Until next Christmas!

Trying on her santa hat

Testing out Santa's cookies to make sure they taste okay

OH-NO did I just eat Santa's cookies

Santa Came!

Her favorite gifts. Mini Copper and Minnie pillow

Checking out her stocking

Jewelry

Fishing puzzle

Daddy had to try the Mini as well

James and I with our Vacuums

Merry Christmas 2012 from the Willyards

No comments: