Thursday, July 12, 2012

Kelbie's Surgery and Life Update

Kelbie had a tube put in her right ear and her Adenoids removed on July 5th. They put the tube in to help with the fluid which in turn will hopefully help her start talking more since she will be able to hear better. The adenoids were removed basically because it should help her from getting sick. After the 5 months we had of her constantly being sick, something had to be done. Although I do have to say ever since she has been home with me this summer she hasn't really been sick.

Her new ENT is great.  I really like her. She is very friendly, answers all of our questions and takes the time to talk with us. I feel like she is going to be a good fit for us during everything Kelbie will have to get done. The surgery went very well. She was in and out of the OR in like 30 minutes. It took her a little longer to get out of recovery, but after about a day and a half she was pretty much back to normal. She still isn't eating super great but she does eat so I am not to concerned. We will go back in August for a follow up to make sure everything is looking good.

Other things going on in our life;

James is working insane hours this summer (like most summers) Kelbie usually doesn't get to see him, but I do try to keep her up on some night that he isn't coming home to late so that she can play with him for a little bit. I am ready for September to be here so he will be home at a normal time and we can actually do somethings as a family.

Summer is starting to come to a close for me which I have mixed feelings about. I do like that I don't have to do anything during the summer and if I want to I can stay in PJ's all day, but I am somewhat ready to get back to the grind of things. I am excited that Kelbie will be starting school for many reasons, even though finding a nanny has become quit a challenge for me. I will miss all the quality time Kelbie and I have had, but it will be good for her to make new friends.

Kelbie is growing like a weed. I took her to the doctor (which we have officially switch to the TCH doctor) yesterday to have this weird rash looked at, which turned out to be nothing, and already weighs 29 lbs and 9oz. I thought she had leveled out, but this now explains why my back hurts at the end of everyday. She has picked up a few new words since starting with her new Speech Teacher. We can now say Bye-Bye, Hi, Moo and Meow. For a kid that wasn't talking at all besides the normal babble that is a big step. She has also gotten very good and signing, even though some of the signs she has kinda made up on her own.

Well off to enjoy the raining day inside. Looks like lots of Mickey Mouse Club House and playing with Kelbie's toys.

No comments: