Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Babies

So why is that as soon as you say I Do everyone starts asking "When are you going to have a baby?" Since when is it that it has to be rushed. I mean I know alot of people that want to have kids like ASAP after getting married, but is it so wrong to want to wait a year or so. Don't get my wrong James and I aren't going to wait forever, but I feel like I am asked all the time. Now maybe that has something to do with the line of work I do. James and I have talked about kids alot and we know what time works best for us. I feel like these days it is almost like a contest to see who can have kids first. I love kids and I can't wait to have my own, but at the same time I like being able to do whatever I want whenever I want and not have kids to worry about.  Maybe I am an just a little old school, but I enjoy the life without kids, but I know it is amazing once you start adding them to your family. James and I want to start trying to have kids next year and we will be married a year next April. I think that is enough time to have enjoyed the married life and adding kids to it is more stressful but is also so amazing. I mean James and I have already named our kids even though they dont exist yet. Well I just wanted to vent about it. Actually I wouldn't say vent because its not a bad thing, its just a question that both James and I get alot and it gets rather annoying sometimes. Dont worry I will let everyone know as soon as we actually are expecting.

1 comment:

kcrack said...

As soon as you have one baby, people will start asking when you'll have #2. It's a never ending cycle in life so just enjoy what you want and don't worry about what people think or ask. We were married for almost 3 years before Chloe and it was AWESOME. Lots of travel, nice meals, and time for us. If Chris wasn't 35 we would have waited even longer. Once you are a "mom" you're a "mom" for life. Enjoy your last years as just you! AND...you will have precious babies when you do!!!