Thursday, January 21, 2010

Life is Unexpected

This week has been crazy. We started the new semester at Little Gym on Monday and we found out on Tuesday that one of our managers Alex lost her father. He was a well known Architect here in the Houston area and will be missed by many. She is taking a long leave of absence so we spent all day Tuesday getting her shifts covered. I work 10.5 hours on Tuesday alone. I had started full time this semster and hand almost 30 hours without Birthday Parties. Now will Alex being gone I am working 38 hours without birthdays, so I will be pushing overtime once I have to work parties. We all miss Alex very much and are sending all our prayers and thoughts with her and her family. Melissa, Courtney, Katie and I are all going to be going to the Wake tomorrow night. Please keep her and her family in your prayers as well.

On a lighter note, Jersey will be taking her first training class on Saturday at 3pm. This is much needed and I really hope it is going to help. Lizzie will be attending next as soon as Jersey finishes her course. I am also in the process of packing. I thought I was going to be able to do it slowly but now with the hours I am working, it only gives me 1 day off which means instead of 5 weeks to pack I know only get about 5 days to pack. It wont be that hard I just have to motivate myself to get the ball going on everything. I am very excited about the move at the end of February though,

Well, off to finish some laundry and hopefully get it put away before work today. Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Gabby Malcuit said...

I've taken those training classes! They're great. They not only teach you how to teach your dog the simple lessons from the class, but it teaches you how to communicate with your dog. Now I can train them to do anything. I haven't taken the time to teach them any cool stuff, but some that I think are pretty good are "shake" hands, "go get your toy" to start a game of fetch and "bang" (play dead). Plus you and the dog just get along better in general. It's like, you get each other.