Saturday, June 12, 2010

Reality is sinking in!!!!!

We purchased Kelbie's new crib and changing table last night. Super excited about that. We put the crib up tonight and I love it and can not wait for the changing table to come in.  I am looking forward to painting the room and decorating it all girly (which James is warming up to) and staining the dresser and rocker to match the new stuff.  I have dont pretty well about not buying to much girl stuff on my own but I have made a few purchases of spring/summer clothes she can  wear this time next year.  Today James and I were at Academy and we found the cutest little snowboots for her to wear when we go up to Kansas sometime in December or January.

Now that things are coming together, it  is really starting  to sink in. I have been excited since day one about having a baby and when we find out it was a girl I was even more thrilled, but now as I sit back and things are becoming more really I am starting to get a little nervous.  I have always wanted a girl, but thought I would always have a boy.  Now I am just thinking about how much all this is going to cost in the long run  having a beautiful baby girl.  I remember how I was growing up andI know she will probably be the same way.

James and I both want her to have the  most amazing life she can have but to also remember she can't have everything she wants. I know there are many concerns and thought with have either boy or girl, but I guess now all that stuff is  starting to set in with me, when James has been thinking about it from day one.   I know God has a plan for all of us and he would not have blessed us  with her if she was not part of our plan and  this time in our lives. I know everything is going  to work out, just sometimes real life can be a littel scary.

Only 17 more weeks and Kelbie will be here and I am sure all of our fears will disappear the minute we see her and hold her. I am sure as the time grows closer I will be looking for advice from all of you have little girls so be prepared for many questions to be  posted her.

Well off to relax and  have some Pizza... Yay! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: