Friday, January 7, 2011

Nanny

So James and I found a very nice lady who does in-home care at her house in Stafford and decided after we  met with her and heard from her references that she was the perfect fit for us. Kelbie's first day will be 1-19. I never thought I would be the one who was a little nervous about leaving my little girl with a nanny. I nannied for many years so I thought it would be an easy thing for me. I do feel very comfortable with the lady we have chosen, but I know the first week will be hard. The nannies name is Margaret and she has 3 older kids of her own  and lives in a very nice neighborhood. She has been doing in-home care for about 15 years and loves each of  the kids like her own. She just started her care up again and Kelbie will be the first and only baby for about 3 weeks, then she will have two younger kids joining her. I don't know much about the other two kids except that it is a boy and  a girl and they will be about 6 weeks old when they start sometime in February. I am really hoping this works they way we feel it is going too. The gym has been awesome with making my hours so that  I didn't have to send Kelbie to the sitters everyday and I am so thankful for that. Her nanny will be  sending  me texts and  pictures throughout the  day when Kelbie is there, just so I can see how she is doing, which I thought was really awesome. I am sure there will be many more posts about Kelbie's adventurers in home care.

No comments: