Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer

Summer is only a few short days away and I couldn't be more excited. This will be my first summer that I haven't worked since I was in school. I am looking forward to spending time with Kelbie and getting her ready for Pre-School. I do still need to find a place for her on the days she isn't in school. This is my challenge over the summer. I haven't planned much for us to do but I am hoping that Pinterest will be my lifesaver on activities. We are going to Colorado at the end of June, so that will be a fun little getaway with my parents. James wont be able to go but Kelbie will enjoy spending time with Nana and Granddaddy.

Here is a list of a some things I want to do over the summer. Remember its the first summer I have had off in a long time and I plan to take full advantage of it even with a little one and most of the things are for her anyway...

- GET A TAN (this is a must before I come back to work)
- Spend a ton of time at the pool
- Go to the Children's Museum
- Get Kelbie taking (starting with a new speech lady Monday)
- Go to the Zoo
- Have play dates with friends we don't see much
- Finger Paint
- Create a new art project every week that Kelbie can display in her playroom
- Work on nap and schedule transition for Pre School
- POTTY TRAIN!!!!!!
- Paint Kelbie's bathroom and laundry room
- Hang out with Brayden & Trystan (I feel like a bad Aunt because I never see them)
- Save all James's overtime money and put it towards a good cause
- Take Kelbie to the beach, she has never been
- Go to Schlitterbahn
- Get at least one date night in with James, Kelbie free, with his busy schedule
- ENJOY MY TIME WITH KELBIE AS SHE IS GROWING SO FAST

So as you can see I have a ton of things in my mind that I want to do and I hope that we are able to do them all. I know it is going to be so miserable this summer, but if we do things early it hopefully wont be to bad.

Here is what I call our first picture of summer, even though it doesn't really start for me until Friday at 3:30pm. This is a picture of Kelbie on her first day of Survival Swim, which I will post about later.



Not the best picture, but this is her learning how to float.


No comments: