Monday, March 18, 2013

Strawberry Picking

I wanted to do something fun with Kelbie over spring break since we spent most of it just hanging at home. We decided to go pick some strawberries and to invite the cousins. It was a good way to spend sometime with them before they leave for Australia.

We got a late start since Kelbie had speech in the morning so by the time we got there, the line to get in was a little crazy. It took us about 20 minutes to get parked and all three kids into the farm. Trystan hung out in the stroller, enjoying the sun and watching us pick strawberries. I took Brayden and Kelbie down the rows to get some strawberries. Brayden was a pro of course but Kelbie had never done it before. Brayden and I showed her ow to pull the strawberries off and she had fun doing so for about 10 strawberries. After that she wanted to just run up and down the rows and eat the strawberries, so I ended up picking most of our bucket, but she was having fun so it was okay.

After both of the kids baskets were full we headed inside to the market. I tangled all three kids while Nana got some vegetables and some other things. Brayden found the candy and picked out the ones he wanted which of course lead Kelbie to picking out her candy. Brayden tried to get her to pick certain candies and she was having nothing to do with it. She wanted to choose on her own. She ended up picking the banana runts. 

After the market we got them to sit down for a quick lunch before heading home. It was a fun trip and I think I will make it a regular thing. Kelbie walked pretty much the whole time and stayed with us without having to hold hands or be confined to a stroller. I was very proud of her listening while we were there.

Pictures to come. I have to get on my computer instead of the IPAD to do that, but you can check out facebook if you can't wait till they are on here.

No comments: