Tuesday, November 5, 2013

RSV

For all you parents who have had a little one with RSV, I now completely understand everything that goes on when your child has RSV. Poor little Jaxon got this nasty virus right after I went back to work and right before Halloween. He started getting stuffy and a cough which I thought he had picked up from Kelbie but when his fever kept spiking and he wasn't eating like normal we took him to urgent care.  I am so glad we did since his RSV test turned up positive. They put him on breathing treatments and told us to follow up with the doctor the next day. His doctor was out so we saw another one in the practice and he said he was doing good and not to worry unless his breathing got worse then we were to take him back to the er. Well Tuesday I noticed his breathing was more labored so it had me freaking out and we ended up back at the doctor to do a pulse ox and everything. The doctor didn't seem concerned with his levels so he told me to up the breathing treatments to every 2 hours and prescribed him an oral steroid. Needless to say that did wonders and in about 2 days he was starting to feel much better and after about a week he was back to his old happy, eating self.


Waiting on the doctor at Urgent Care

It was past bed time

Breathing Treatment at Urgent Care.
He fell asleep during it!


Love his Ducky mask at home!

This was taken on day 2 of being sick. Poor little guy was miserable.
I am so glad he is better now and that we didn't have to stay in the hospital during all of this.

No comments: