Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Presents

I think this year I set a  new record for being done with Christmas shopping. It is December 4th and I am done. I am just waiting on a few things to come in the mail, then to wrap them and then I am completely done. I did most of my shopping today. I must say unlike most other years before, this Christmas is a small on for us. Since I am no longer nannying and just working part-time, our financial situation is not what it was last year. In all reality it is not the gifts that matter on Christmas but it is family, so everyone is just getting two simple gifts from us and hopefully next year we can be back to our normal spending limit at Christmas. James got his Christmas gift a few months ago, so he has only one lonely present under the tree, but I might go find a few other little inexpensive things for him. I am interested to see what he gets me as this will be the first year he is completely on his own. Usually I either tell him what I want or I get it myself. Example last year, he only got my stocking stuffers and they were very practical, but not something I would have chosen as a stocking stuffer, but that is okay. He is not the shopping type. So James with some cash and a mall should make for some interesting gifts from me this year.

I am looking forward to spending Christmas with the family again this year and seeing how excited Brayden gets opening his presents, even thought he still doens't full understand what is going on and why he is getting presents. I will also be attending my first Little Gym Christmas Party in two weeks. Nothing too fancy just dinner with all the staff and then the owner gives us our Christmas gifts. James's work party should be fun though... They always are, even though I missed last years I am for sure going to be attending this years.

Christmas cards will be in the mail tomorrow, so if you are normally on our mailing list keep your eyes out. I think they turned out very cute this year. We have Josh on them with us this time.

Post more later

No comments: