Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One Year Ago Today

Kelbie's 1st birthday is officailly here. I can't believe that a year ago today we were in the hospital waiting on her to arrive. I still remember that day very well. Now if you want to be technical her birthday isn't until 11:24pm but hey we will all be alseep by then.

In the past year our little Monkey has grown so much. She was born a big girl and has continued to grow even bigger. She has always been off the chart on everything. Her one year appointment is this afternoon and I am sure the stats will be the same, although she has started to level out. She is very tall and not as chunky anymore. In the last month alone she has changed a bunch. She now has 8 teeth and I think she is working on the 9th. She isn't only walking but running. She can turn every direction when she walks and luckily we haven't had any major falls with our new walker.  She also got her first offical pair of shoes from Stride Rite a few weeks ago. Talk about more money then I spend on my own shoes, but totally worth it. Also Nana bought this pair so it was to bad. I am in the process of deciding what her next pair is going to be.

She still isn't talking much. She babbles all the time and I swear she has said a few new words but only like once. I have heard words such as Hi, K, and Jersey. I am pretty sure Jersey didnt' happen but hey you never know she is pretty smart.  I am sure her doctor will tell me where she need to be today. I am not worried though, she hold her own conversation in her own language all the time.

We have started to eliminate the formula. I am mixing half formula and half milk. We have had no reactions yet, so I am hoping that is a good sign. I try and to table food as much as possible but we are still doing baby food. She loves everything that I give her for the most part. Its more me that wants to wait a little longer to get rid of baby food since she doesn't have her molars yet. My child can eat though. What one year old do you know that can eat a whole happy meal, most of a kids meal from any resturant and even after eating a full meal will still want whatever you are eating. She really loves to eat.

Weight: 24 lbs 3oz
Height: 31.75 inches
Head: 19in

No comments: