Saturday, December 10, 2011

ENT Yearly Update

Kelbie had her yearly follow up with the ENT on November 30th and things went pretty well. I am still not a fan of her ENT and I probably never will but she is the best so I will do my best to suck it up and make the best of it.  They did another hearing test and everything looked good. She wasn't to cooperative during one of the test where they put a thing in her ear to see how her ear drum reacts to the sound. She cried the whole time. I think most of that was because she was tired and it was way past her nap time. We will do it again in 6 months to a year, depending on when we can get in again.

When we went in the first time when she was 2 weeks old she needed to have her tongue clipped and I decided that I wasn't ready for that, since she would have been put under general anesthesia.  Well over the past year I have noticed that she really can't stick her tongue out as far as normal kids, maybe normal isn't the right word, but you know what I mean. I talked to the doctor when we were there and decided to go ahead and have it done. I feel like she isn't able to speak as well because of it and I am hoping it will  help once we get it done. We are scheduled for December 30th sometime in the morning to have it done at Texas Children's in the Medical Center. We wont know the time until the day before. It goes in order from youngest to oldest and she can't have anything to eat or drink after 2am the day of. I am hoping for the earliest appointment as she is going to be very upset that she can't do her normal morning routine.

This is supposed to be a very easy procedure but as a mom it freaks me out. I have been told it feels just like biting your tongue. I guess I am most nervous about her being under general anesthesia and what the recovery will be like. I will still be off for the Holiday so I will be able to be with the few days after while she recovers. Again I know it is a simply thing that is very common but I am still scared about it. She is my little girl. I can only image how I am going to be when she has to have her surgery on her ear when she is about five. Emotional wreak!!!

No comments: