Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Big Girl Bed

So call me crazy but I thought it would be fun to try Kelbie in her toddler bed. Yes she is only 16 months but she is a good sleeper and I just wanted to see how she did. So this past Saturday after her morning nap, I switched her crib over to her toddler bed. Downside to the crib we bought is that when you switch it over it doesn't have a rail so I ended up having to search all over Babies R Us and Toys R Us to find a crib rail so that she wouldn't roll out of her bed. She watched me do the whole thing and seemed to be really interested. Then it came time for afternoon nap and she refused to sleep in it. I did feel a little guilty as I took her comfort zone away from her but I thought we would keep trying over the weekend. Saturday night she went down fine and slept all night, she didn't try to get out at all, even when she woke up in the morning and was playing until I came in. Needless to say what I thought was going to be a disaster at such a young age has turned out to work pretty well. She sleeps just as good as she did in the crib and she hasn't escaped yet. I think we are officially in the Toddler bed. Now if she does start to get out and play the crib will probably be going back up, but I don't think it will come to that.

Big Girl Bed!
First night sleeping in it and she was out like a light!

No comments: