Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Life as we know it!

I feel the need to update the blog with something other then Ten on Tuesday. Our lives really aren't that exciting and I never have pictures uploaded when I decide to sit down and blog. So what has been going on in our lives?

James hasn't been working as much over time as we are used to which is a good thing, but come Spring Break he will be back on a project and then of course come summer who knows how often we will see him. I don't even know how he does what he does. I wouldn't be able to make it. There are alot of times I complain about his job because I never see him or because he gets call to go help other people when we are in the middle or something or have something planned, but in truth I am very proud of the work he does and how hard he works to keep a roof over our head. I know if we were to switch places for a day I would miss my quite job.

I am loving working for the school district. I love the hours and the time off. The school I am at is also awesome. Everyone is very friendly and I have made quite a few friend since starting. There have been days that I have been stressed or worked up over little things but I try my best to go above and beyond what I am expected to do. I was thinking about working summer school for some extra money but I can't decided what I want to do. The ESL summer school is being held at our school which wouldn't be to bad. I guess I need to wait and see where regular summer school is and then decide from there. It does kinda jam up my summer if I decide to work, but it is extra money on top of my normal pay check so I have to weigh my options.

Kelbie is doing great. We have been fighting an ear infection and I guess allergies for what seems like months now. She will get better and then with in a week she is sick again. Last Monday we went to the doctor because she couldn't kick her yucky cough and turns out she had an ear infection. She was put back on some strong antibiotics and it seemed to help. The cough came back last night but it doesn't seem to be a mucusy cough but more of a dry cough. I am hoping it is just allergies. If this keeps up we might be taking her to an allergist over the summer to see if they can tell exactly what she is allergic to. In other Kelbie news, she has steadied out on her growing. She is still about 25-26lbs and is very tall. Still not talking but is very smart. She understands everything we tell her and is is constantly asking you to tell her what things are in her books. We are going to see a speech therapist over Spring Break to do a consultation on her as to if they think she needs speech or if she is just going to be a late talker. She loves to play with Indiana now and Indiana is finally starting to come around to the fact that Kelbie is there. Only took 16 months but its better then nothing I guess. I can't believe how much she has changed since she was born much less in the pat few months. She is so independent and such a little person now. She still has her moments where she need to be with Mommy and even though sometimes its a little too much when I am trying to get something done, I know I need to enjoy them because there will come a time when she wants nothing to do with me. On a totally different note I really think Kelbie is going to be a tomboy. We were playing outside this past weekend and she was sliding down the slide by herself and when she got to the bottom she ended up face first in the mud. I thought for sure she was going to cry but instead she got up and just smiled, she had dirt and mud all over her face and she didn't care. She went right back to sliding and swinging. I guess James might get his wish after all.

James, Kelbie and I are going away on a little weekend trip at the end of April to either San Antonio, Galveston or a place in Flint for our anniversary. Yes I know it might be a little weird that we are taking Kelbie with us but we are going to places that are good for kids and have stuff that she will like to do. Maybe we are weird but we like taking Kelbie with us. I am hoping sometime in the next year or so we will finally be financially stable enough that James and I can go on a cruise that we have been wanting to take for a few years now. I guess only time will tell.

No comments: