Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pre School

So I did it. I enrolled Kelbie in Pre School. Well I guess its more like Toddler school. After looking at all the different options, tons of pre school but not many with extended day, I decided to put her in at Southminster. I say I because James didn't really do much in helping me pick one. We have been talking about putting her in one and the one I really wanted her in wont take her until she is 2 1/2 so that ruled that one out. We were going to do Kids R Kids but something in my gut was telling me that it really wasn't a good idea so Pre School it is.

I decided on Southminster because they do offer an extended day program, it was somewhat close to my house, the tuition wasn't totally crazy and I know a few people that have kids there. The little boy I nannied for a few years ago goes there and did while I was his nanny and so does Brayden. Brayden loves it and so does my sister-in-law. I never really hear anything bad about it. I also like that she will get a little bit of the church in her learning, which is something I want her to have since we don't go to church often.

There were two spots left and I had to have my application up there with my $150 deposit yesterday by 4pm. I made it there and she got the spot. I don't know much about what she will be doing just yet as the teacher calls during the summer to go over everything. She will go M,W,F from 9-2 and be in extended day before and after school. There will be a max of 8 kids in her class with the teacher and an aide.  We are going to have to make some adjustments over summer to get her used to their schedule, good thing I have summers off. My goal was to potty train this summer so I will be potty training, getting her on a new nap schedule and getting her used to napping on a mat instead of her bed or pac-n-play.

I am still looking for someone to watch her on Tuesday and Thursday since she wont be in school. I knew finding a sitter was hard, we got really lucky with the one we have had since Kelbie was 3 months. We are leaving that sitter in June and now I want someone who can come to our house to watch her on those two days. (If you are reading this and know anyone or want to do it yourself, if you live in SL I would consider taking her to your house if you didn't want to come to ours, Please let me know.) Sucky part about getting someone 2 days a week is I am sure they are going to want more then I am willing to pay for those days. One of my friends has offered to watch her at her house with her little girl as well and if I don't find anyone that is where she will be its just that she live in Pecan Grove and that is a big drive for us in the mornings as we would have to leave by like 615-630 for me to get to work on time.

Anyways, so we have made the step to Pre School and I really do feel that it is going to be a good choice. They will be mailing us our contract soon and once we sign that and pay another fee the spot it ours. If worse comes to worse and she doesn't like this school we will try some place different next year as she will be old enough to go to the one that I really want her to be at and will be able to 5 days a week.  I never thought I would be making a Pre School decision for my child when she was 17 months old had having to make sure her application was in by March to make sure she got a spot. It is crazy how competitive it is for pre school.

No comments: