Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1. What are your designated chores in your home?

Everything. I do it all. James does mow the grass but everything else is me. Every now and then James will help me straighten up but I am the one that spends the most time cleaning.

2. What is your least favorite chore to do around the house?
Cleaning the Cat pan and Mopping. My version of mopping is with a swiffer wet jet. It gets the job done and every once in awhile I pull out the actual mop and scrub the floors.

3. What was your designated chore growing up?
I mowed the grass, cleaned my room, I think I had to clean the cat pan too. I don't really remember every chore I had to do.

4. Did you get paid to do chores or was your allowance connected to you completing your chores?
I got paid to do chores if they got done but most of the time I could just ask for money or whatever it was that I wanted and I would get it. I did have to get a job when I turned 16 and start paying for the extra things I wanted.

5. If you had a bit of extra money, would you hire a cleaning person or would you save the money for something else?
I would love to have a cleaning lady. I only want her to come like once a month to do the major cleaning. I don't really mind the basic cleaning. James and I have often talked about a cleaning lady but it just doesn't fit into our budget but maybe one day.

6. What chores will you make your kids do around the house?
Cleaning up their room and toys, Helping with the animals. I am sure we will come up with more once they are older but I know those are the two that will happen for sure.

7. How frequently do you do laundry? Wash your sheets? Dust?
I try to do a load or two during the week but it usually ends up all happening on the weekend. Washing sheets happens about every other week sometimes every week. I really just depends. Dusting well the dust accumulates like crazy in my house so I do light dusting every weekend and every once in a blue moon I do a deep dust with furniture polish and everything.

8. Do you have a designated “chore day” during the week?
Usually Saturday. I do a little cleaning everyday but Saturday is usually the day that I try to get the majority of things done and it usually continues into Sunday. I don't spend the whole day cleaning I do other things in between but it takes up most of my weekends.

9. What is your favorite chore–if such a thing exists?
Vacuuming isn't to bad. I also like doing laundry. The washing part not the putting away. Kelbie's clothes always seem to get put away but James and mine tend to stay in a basket for about a week.

10. Do you do anything to help pass the time while doing chores (music, TV, etc.)?
TV, Playing with Kelbie, Relaxing. That is probably why it takes me all weekend to do chores. I should just do all the cleaning first thing and then I would have the rest of the day/weekend to do whatever it was that I wanted to do.

No comments: