Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring Break?

So Spring Break starts next week and I thought I was going to spend it play with Kelbie, getting her playroom ready and painting her bathroom. Instead I have booked us with doctors appointments since I am off. There is still some spare time over the week we might be able to squeeze something in but as you can see below I have something everyday pretty much....

Monday- Play date with a friend we haven't seen since Kelbie's birthday.

Tuesday- Kelbie's speech evaluation at 9am. Supposed to take 1.5 hours. Still confused as to what they do with a 17 month old who doesn't talk for that long, but we shall see.

Wednesday- Kelbie's 1st dentist appointment at 3:30pm. I guess kids are supposed to go by their first birthday. Well we are a little behind and now that I know James and dental insurance on her we will be taking advantage of it.

Thursday- I am going to get yet another quote on the dental work I need to get done. It has been 4 months since the first estimate and I just can't afford it so I am hoping this place can work out a better payment plan then the other two I have seen. This is at 10am and Nana is coming to watch Kelbie so maybe we can do something fun in the afternoon.

Friday- The only day of the whole break I have nothing planned. Maybe this would be a good Zoo day. The one thing I hate about Spring Break and the Summer is that everyone and I mean everyone is out at the Zoo or anywhere else I want to go. I hate tons of people when we are trying to do something fun.


So as you can see my Spring Break is booked. Its not awful but its still busier then I had originally planned. Maybe the summer with be the time for all the house projects I want to get done and all the Pinterest crafts I want to do. At least it is a week of not having to go to work so I can look at the positive of making my break a little crazy.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Since you asked... the evaluating speech therapist will spend part of the session doing "testing" with Kelbie, mainly playing with her and observing her interactions as she plays, but the majority of the session will be spent asking you questions. It's a standardized test specifically designed for little bitty ones where the results are based off of parent report. They will also probably do a hearing test and an look at her oral structures if Kelbie will let them! Hope that helped!