Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break Review

So Spring Break has come and gone. My how that week flew by. The fact that Kelbie was sick the Thursday and Friday before gave me an extended break, but it wasn't much fun when she wasn't feeling well. She finally kicked whatever it was on Sunday so we were able to spend most of the break doing things.

We had a great time playing with the Work girls on Monday. It is so cute to see Adelyn and Kelbie together. They play really well together. I love to see the height and weight difference on them as they are only a month apart but my child looks like she is months older. Adelyn is the sweetest thing. She kept coming up to me and giving me hugs and wanting to sit in my lap.

I had Kelbie evaluated for Speech on Tuesday. I was told it was going to take like an hour and a half but it ended up only taking about 30 minutes. The lady asked me a bunch of questions, some of which I felt like I didn't really know the answer too so I did my best to answer them. I haven't gotten the written results yet but from what we talked about Kelbie is above her age for the understanding but below her age on what I call the repeating. Basically she understands what you say to her and she is very into wanting you to tell her what things are but she will never repeat them back and she doesn't know many words. We start speech today, and will go twice a week for now. I plan on changing the times once school is out so that it better works with our schedule as the times we have now just really mess with our evening. I am very interested to see how Speech with help her.

The rest of our week was pretty mellow. I had scheduled her first dentist appointment for Wednesday but we ended up going over to my mom's so I canceled it so that she wasn't just a total mess as it was an afternoon appointment. Thursday we just ran some errands with my mom. Kelbie got a new doll stroller since her last one broke some how. She also convinced us to get her a new doll. So now she has two dolls with outfits. I made a special bin for all her doll stuff as she is getting more and more, she also got a few things that used to be mine. I love that she loves her dolls so much.

Friday we headed to the Zoo with my mom, Shannon, Brayden, Trystan and Lauren. Kelbie loves the Zoo and I think it will be regular thing during the summer. My mom bought a membership so that will save us some money if we go alot. She loves looking at all the animals. I would have to say that she really loved the CATS. We didn't see the monkeys this time which is also one of her favorites. Next time we are going to ride the train which we have yet to do with her and we have been a few times since she was born. I posted pictures from the Zoo on facebook, but I will have to post some of them on here when I get home. 

James spent most of my break working so it was just me and Kelbie alot of the time. Kelbie's new thing is to draw/color. I made her a craft box a few months ago with a bunch of different things in it and have it by the DVDs so that she can go get whatever she wants out it. Well the whole week our colors, paper and coloring books never left the middle of the living room floor. I do have to say it keeps her entertained for a long period of time. She has so many toys that I feel like a lot of them don't get played with because she only plays with certain ones.

Sunday Brayden and Trystan got Baptized so we headed out to Sienna to go to there church to be part of that. We ended up leaving early since Kelbie was beyond tired and hungry. She wouldn't even eat lunch when we got home. All she wanted was her milk and her bed. I ended up waking her up around 4pm so that she would go to bed. I worked out well as James had just gotten home so he was able to play with her for a bit while I got some laundry done.

So over all our break we pretty good. I am looking forward to the summer when it will be me and her all the time. We have decided to pull her out of her sitters since I will be home. I plan to enroll her in a gymnastics class somewhere so that we at least have one thing a week to do. I am also hoping to get lots of Pinterest crafts done, some swimming/tanning for me and hopefully some play dates with our friends we haven't seen in forever.  Only 10 more weeks of school before I get to have like 10 weeks off before school starts back up.

No comments: