Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1. Ikea: over-hyped and confusing or genius furniture company? I personally have never bought anything from IKEA but I do like there stuff. Some of it I think is over priced and I would never pay the price for it, but I do like their design ideas and maybe one day my house will look a little like the IKEA catalog.

2. Your favorite interior-decorator-type person wants to makeover one room in your house. Which room do you choose and why? That is a tough one as I would like my whole house to be made over. I would probably have to choose the living/dinning room just because it is what everyone sees and it is the biggest space in our house.

3. Describe the furniture in your childhood bedroom. Did you like it? Where is that furniture now?
It was normal bedroom furniture. I had a day bed that is now in our house that will one day be Kelbies, I also had odds and ends for bookcases and what not most of which I am pretty sure my parents still have. My mom doesn't really like to give away anything. I guess it was okay. I kinda made my room my own and the furniture was just there.

4. When you’re done with furniture, what do you do with it? We usually keep it. The stuff that James had when we first got together eventually made its way to the dumpster in between our moves. The only thing I can think of that we still have of his is the dresser his step-mom gave him when he first moved down here that is know in Kelbie's closet.

5. My Pinterest furniture style could best be described as
funky/eclectic
antique/shabby chic
modern/minimalist
so random and varied it’s undefinable
I am going to have to go with RANDOM. There is so much stuff on Pinterest that I like that I think if I tried to put it all together people would think my house looked totally weird. Pinterest will be my new decorating bff over the summer when I have time to play around with all the stuff I want to do on there.

6. Name the most important furniture/toy in a toddler’s playroom. And why? Well the playroom is still our living room as the actually playroom has yet to be finished. I would say her favorite toy now (which really isn't a toy) would be her highchair or Jesery. It looks like Toys R Us in our house and she likes to play with the things that aren't really her toys.

7. Your parents (or grandparents or other relative) are giving away all their furniture. Which piece do you really want?The only thing I can think of that I would want from my parents house would be my great-grandmothers couch and chair, and then I wouldn't mind my parents knew couch they just bought. They actually have a bunch of furniture that I wouldn't totally  hate having. I can always find a place for furniture.

8. Your biggest furniture buying or home decorating regret? Well we haven't really bought much furniture on our own and I really don't have a decorating regret as of yet. We are still in the remodeling phase which I think is going to last forever.

9. $1000 gift card! Do you want it to Ethan Allen, ikea, Pottery Barn Kids? I guess IKEA, but I would much rather prefer something like Target, Walmart or something along those lines.

10. Bunk beds, loft beds, trundle beds, or canopy beds?
I am open to any really. Kelbie is going to have a day bed eventually and I believe it does have a trundle with it.

No comments: