Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

This random batch of questions is from Sue at Simon’s Sista Saw! She’s not American, can you tell?!


1. Do you prefer fabric or plastic plasters? (or Band-Aids if American)
Doesn't matter to me. I buy whatever is on sale. I think all the ones we have now are plastic. James and I have the normal old band aids but Kelbie has some cute ones with flowers and stuff. She rarely needs them though so that is good.

2. Do you prefer gel pens, biro or fine liners for everyday writing?
Not picky. A pen is a pen in my opinion. At work we have the good old BIC brand and they work pretty well. When I write thank you notes, letters or anything special I do like the gel pins because I feel like they glide better. If I don't have any around I use whatever I can find. My husband often takes my nice pens to work and they never make it back home. Shocking!

3. Do you have a fear or needles/dentists/blood (if all three, which is the worst) and is there a story behind it?
I wouldn't say I have a fear. I don't mind the dentist at all. When I was a kid I used to love going to the dentist and my mom thought I was totally weird. Needles don't bother me, but I always have to look away when they are giving me a shot or taking blood. Blood that is a different story. A little blood isn't bad but a ton of it really creeps me out. If I have to deal with it I will but I prefer to leave that job to someone else.

4. Do you like jelly? Do you eat it at any time other than when poorly?
Yes! I don't eat it often. I eat it on toast occasionally and I eat Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches.

5. What are your Easter traditions? (if not Christian, insert your own meaningful festival here and tell us about that instead)
I don't know if you would call them traditions but we usually attend church and then meet up with the family for either lunch or dinner. Kelbie gets an Easter basket filled with fun stuff, but James and I don't do the whole basket thing. I look forward to when Kelbie is a little bit bigger and we can explain Easter to her so that she doesn't just think it is a day to get candy and look for eggs.

6. What’s your favourite book that you have read so far this year?
I read a good one call The Glass House which I thought was pretty good. I don't read any of the popular books like Hunger Games. My favorite authors are still Janet Evanovich and Mary Higgins Clark. I did get a book by Jane Clark that I really enjoyed, so I am going to look into some more of her books.

7. Do you have any magazine subscriptions or recommendations that we should know about?
No Subscriptions. I always pick up the latest gossip when I am at the grocery store... In Touch, Life & Style, People. Every once in awhile I will pick up a Cosmo but very rarely.

8. Favourite etsy store (if you know the owner IRL, also include your favourite that you didn’t originally know IRL)?
Don't have one. To be honest I don't shop ETSY much. I found a lady in California on facebook, Beccas Bows, that I buy from. I love her stuff. She does bows, shirts, tutus, pretty much anything.

9. If you had play money (£100/$150) that could only be used on shoes, what shoes would you buy?I have been looking for some cute sandals, flats that I can wear at work and during the summer. I don't wear heels so I wouldn't spend money on those. You can never go wrong with a good, comfortable pair of shoes.

10. If you were going pet shopping tomorrow, what would you choose?
I need no more animals so pet shopping wouldn't be happening. If I had to choose a pet and I would love another dog or cat. With two dogs already three would probably be to much, so maybe another cat that way Indiana would have a playmate, although she hates all other cats. A fish would be nice too just because they are easy and Kelbie is recently fascinated with them.



No comments: