Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend we headed up to Flint, TX for a little weekend getaway for our anniversary. It was actually more of a family vacation but we don't mind going away with the munchkin. You might be wondering why Flint and what is there to do up there. To be honest not much and we learned that it is a dry county and had to drive up the road to a town called Coffee City to get beer. My parents have a timeshare and Flint was a location that had a place we could stay. The place is called Silverleaf Resorts and it wasn't to bad. I would actually like to back for a longer weekend. We stayed in the newer, nicer part of the resort about a mile down the road from the main part. At the main part there is a water park (I thought wasn't worth the money but James, Kelbie and my dad had a lot of fun), an activity center with an arcade, swimming pools, putt putt, basketball, playgrounds, and volleyball. Our room actually looked out onto Lake Palestine so that was pretty cool. Down by our section there was another pool and playground and they even had a little beach area that they had made. We were also right across from the Marina. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the resort but I forgot.

We left Friday afternoon and made it there around dinner time. We went to the store for some food and just kinda hung out and grilled. Saturday we headed into Tyler and went to the Caldwell zoo. That was a lot of fun. There zoo was pretty awesome. It was very open and their exhibits were great. Kelbie had a lot of fun and loved looking all the animals. Her new favorite thing is ducks and she thinks anything that is similar looking to a duck (birds, flamingos,etc) are ducks. After the zoo we went to lunch and then headed back to the resort to relax. We tried to check out the pool but the water was freezing. James and Kelbie got in for a few minutes and then I decided that Kelbie didn't need to be in the freezing water so we headed over to the playground to let her run around. She had so much fun. She got so excited when she say the playground. On Sunday we just hung around the resort. James and my dad went to the water park while my mom, Kelbie and I hung around the resort. There was a kid area at the water park so I took Kelbie up there to hang out for a little bit. She had a pretty good time but wasn't a huge fan of all the water splashing on her. We grabbed a quick lunch after all the water fun and packed up to head back home.

It was a good, short trip and I do wish we could have stayed an extra day or two. So we are now back to reality and hopefully when we go back next time we can rent a boat and spend some time on the water. Here are a few pictures of our trip. More are on facebook.


Caldwell Zoo

Daddy/Daughter :)

Paying close attention during bath time in the jacuzzi

Sliding
Ta-Da... I did it all by myself
 
Our room with a Lake view

View from the Kitchen

Driving a car at the arcade

No comments: