Monday, August 30, 2010

Nerves

I just booked my last few OB appointments. It feels really weird to know that  she  is almost here. It seem like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant. I am very excited for her to be  here  and finally see what she looks like and everything. I will be going to the doctor on Thursday and hopefully we will have a better  idea of when she will be here. Only 6 or less short weeks. I am sure they will drag on for me though.

I have noticed in the past couple of days I have become nervous about labor. I have no idea what it feels like and that  somewhat scares me. I have a  somewhat high pain tolerance so I guess that is going to be a good thing. People have told me I should do the whole delivery without any drugs! I give props to the women who can do that, but I somehow think I am not going to be one of them. Yes our bodies are built for childbirth but I mean come on. For those of you who have been through it before probably know what I am talking about. I can't be the only one that is  a little freaked out about everything that happens once you are in labor.  I know Kelbie and I are in good  hands once we are at the hospital and  that they are trained for all kinds of situations, but I how will I actually know when it is time to go to the hospital versus waiting at home until my contractions are closer together. James has been through this before so that makes  me feel a little bit better, but I am almost 90% sure he will be at work when Kelbie decides she is ready to come so that leaves me by myself to make the decision on  when  it is time. I do have my OB on speed dial though so that is a good thing.

I feel like I am freaking out for nothing. I am sure everything will run smoothly, it is  just my first time jitters getting to me. Once Kelbie is here I know I will be fine. I have  been  around kids for so many years that  once she is home with us, I got it covered. Its the part before she  is here that I have never done before or been around so it is  hard to feel at least a little bit prepared. Anyways enough about my worries. I know God is taking care of her and I and that he will make sure everything goes according to plan and safely.

My next doctors appointment is on Thursday so I will hopefully know more then and will be sure to post any updates and a new picture. I feel like my pictures all look the same these days except I notice that  she is now lower then she used to be. That  has to be a good sign right?

1 comment:

Shannon Boyer said...

And your sister in law who can be there in a moments notice to take you in! I promise! We're ready to drive you there and let James and your mommy and daddy meet us!